Pages

Translate

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Very Berry Oatmeal Cookies

Oatmeal makes a very hearty staple breakfast, but on its own its very bland so just finding some new ways of eating oats ... This is my variation from traditional  Oatmeal cookies which uses whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour and honey in place of sugar and off course lots of healthy berries.Now my hubby and I are really really digging these Healthy Cookies.  Where have they been all my life? It's such an easy way to eat your oats.  I'm trying to eat a serving of oats a day, but sometimes I just can't face another bowl ... So these cookies are coming in mighty handy!  And depending on the size I make them, three or four cookies are a half cup serving oats.  I love eating four cookies for breakfast ~ it seems so indulgent, but it's not! I think it's a great evening snack for my husband after coming from office. Needless to say, these are the new favorite way to eat oats.  It just amazes me that they have no refined flour and sugar added.  Eating cookies is just so much more fun than eating a bowl of Oatmeal, wouldn't you agree?  :) 



Preparation Time : 30 min
Cooking Time : 10 min

Ingredients :

1 Cup whole wheat flour stiffed
Pinch of salt 
1/4 Teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 Cup Oats (I have used Quaker Oats here)
1 egg
1/2 Cup Margarine/Butter
1/4 Cup Honey 
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
3-4 Teaspoon Milk
Handful of berries(I have used dried blueberry and Cranberry)

Direction :

Preheat the Oven.Take a Butter,Honey,Egg,vanilla essence in a large bowl and whisk it. In another bowl add flour,salt,baking soda, and stiff it.Now add Oats and the wet ingredients from the first bowl slowly. Add a little milk if needed to make a ball of dough.Take a greased baking Tray and divide the dough in to equal balls and arrange them on the pan , pat them to get a round shape.Bake them for about 10 min or until light brown.Remove from oven and let it cool.Store them in an air tight container and enjoy with your evening tea 

No comments:

Post a Comment